We believe in the free flow of information and so publish under a Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives license. This allows you to republish our articles online or in print for free, provided you follow the following guidelines:
Republishing guidelines, for print and online
- You cannot edit any of our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. If you do wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by us for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have to credit our authors, ideally in the byline.
- You have to credit FOCUS and include a link back to either our home page or the original article URL . Our preference is a credit at the top of the article and that you include our logo (available below).
- You cannot sell our material separately
- You can’t systematically republish all of our articles, nor frame the content of our site.
- Extracts: you can run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article and then say: “Read the full article at www.focusmag.uk” with a link back to the article.
- Quotes: you can quote authors provided you include a link back to the original article URL.
- Edits: if you wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the original author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted by the blue Contact button that accompanies their author profile.
- Signed consent / copyright release forms: are not required, providing you are following these guidelines.
- Print: articles can be published in print under these same rules, with the exception that you do not need to include the links. We would appreciate it if you would send an image of the republished article to email@example.com for our records.
- Videos are also covered by creative commons and the same attribution requirements apply.
Our logo can be downloaded below: